Get Long-Term Relief From Pinched Nerve Pain
Are you suffering from chronic back pain? There are many conditions that can lead to back pain, and most can be treated by chiropractors using proven, non-invasive treatments that don’t require pain medication. See a chiropractor and get long-lasting pain relief.
Chiropractor for Pinched Nerve
Do you feel sharp, nagging pain? This may be the result of a pinched nerve. There are many conditions that result in a pinched nerve, and Dr. Leach has a wealth of experience in giving patients relief.
Discover Health & Wellness offers a $79 new patient special, including imaging, an exam and a free one-hour therapeutic massage. Many patients begin feeling relief after just one visit.
If you’d like to learn more, let’s look at some of the common causes of pinched nerves, and how chiropractors can give you long-lasting pain relief. You’ll learn:
- What causes pinched nerves?
- How do chiropractors treat pinched nerves?
- Is chiropractic treatment safe?
What causes pinched nerves?
There are several ways that you might end up with a pinched nerve. Generally speaking, aging makes pinched nerves more likely. Along with normal wear and tear, here are a few causes of pinched nerves:
- Injury: Sudden trauma can lead to a pinched nerve. This might be the result of a sports injury or an accident at work.
- Repetitive motion: Many occupations, such as auto mechanics and carpentry, require repetitive motion. This can lead to a pinched nerve condition such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Disc degeneration: As you get older, the discs in your spine provide less support. This leads to pinched nerves in the spine that cause chronic pain.
- Arthritis: Inflammation associated with arthritis often leads to compressed nerves, that result in debilitating pain.
- Pregnancy: The added weight of pregnancy can lead to compressed nerves and back pain in pregnant women.
These are just a few of the reasons you might be suffering from pinched nerve pain. Thankfully, a chiropractor can help treat the underlying causes that lead to a pinched nerve, giving you long lasting relief.
How do chiropractors treat pinched nerves?
Inflammation and compressed nerves are usually caused by one of the conditions mentioned above. Using x-rays and an exam, your chiropractor will give you a custom treatment plan which may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Adjusting your spine to its normal position can relieve pain caused by a pinched nerve.
- Therapeutic massage: In addition to chiropractic, therapeutic massage helps relieve tension and stress. Massage therapy is highly effective when combined with chiropractic.
- Nutritional support: Pinched nerves are often the result of inflammation. We offer guidance towards a diet that will reduce inflammation and decrease the likelihood of a pinched nerve.
- At-home care: Lifestyle issues such as poor posture and lack of exercise can lead to compressed nerves. Dr. Leach will give you guidance on how to avoid this.
Is chiropractic treatment safe?
Chiropractic is widely recognized as one of the safest ways to treat conditions that lead to chronic pain. While no treatment is without risk, we have had great success in giving our patients relief. In fact, many patient begin to feel better after their first appointment.